A Friend of TAO House Concert is a fun and very meaningful way to be of service to Tidewater Arts Outreach. Following is an outline of the division of all the duties required to host a concert. Host duties are negotiable; we want this program to be enjoyable for everyone involved. We hope to generate between $1,000 and $1500 gross income at each concert, which is between 40 and 60 guests.
Friend of TAO:
- Provide venue for small concert (could be your house, yard, neighborhood hall,
place of business etc.)
- Provide mailing list for 40-60 guests depending on size of venue
- TAO can mail invitations, or you can mail invitations
- Handle reservations, checks and attendee list
- Act as host/hostess for event (we’ll be behind the scenes doing the kitchen and serving work).
- Can help with purchasing refreshments if desired
- Provides invitations and handles mailing
- TAO can mail to additional invitees off its list, if needed and at a later date than the first mailing
- Coordinates performances with musicians
- Provides agreed-upon refreshments (can include wine, coffee, home baked desserts, cheese/crackers, etc.)
- Provides service as needed (wine glasses, paper products)
- Brings up to 75 chairs
- Assists with staffing
The purpose of the concerts is to raise awareness, and funds, for Tidewater Arts Outreach. The events are ticketed (usually $25 but can vary dependent upon occasion/artist) to provide compensation for the artists and proceeds for TAO. A brief explanation about the organization and why we are doing these concerts will be done as part of the introduction or during intermission. Artists and TAO will sell CDs. We will encourage people to sign our “Friends” list to build our database. We also will make introductory remarks about the artists and Tidewater Arts Outreach, invite guests to attend a TAO program and ask them to consider becoming involved in the organization.
Contact us and get the party started!